Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA)
NCC Students Engage in a Diverse and Rewarding Academic Life
Preparing students for a successful future starts at a young age. A strong curriculum combined with a stimulating learning environment has seen NCC consistently achieve outstanding academic results.
Nambour Christian College has developed a distinguished reputation amongst schools on the Sunshine Coast in the area of performing arts. The NCC Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) department provides a diverse range of opportunities for students to express their creative talent in co-curricular activities:
CAPA department includes
- Speech and Drama facility, with extensive costume wardrobe, make-up areas and stage props
- Film and Television Studio with five associated editing booths
- Two fully equipped Music Classrooms
- Six Music Rehearsal Rooms with recording studio capability
- Art Studio with integrated kiln and open air ‘wet’ area
- Dance Studio in the Health & Fitness Centre
- Lecture Theatre and Outdoor Amphitheatre for drama and musical performances
- Six specialised Instrumental Music Studios and two Orchestra & Ensemble rehearsal areas for the College Instrumental Music
- Program in the Abbenbroek building
- Visual Arts Studio and Music & Drama Centre in the Primary School
NCC VOCAL GROUP
This multi award winning group have set a new standard for schools in the region and the state. They not only perform at the Sunshine Coast Eisteddfod but share their talent in Community Outreach programs, Speech and Award nights, Grandparents Day, shopping centre performances and local concerts.
Staged every two years by the Secondary School this is a showcase of the talent within the College community. Recent performances include “Godspell”, “Calamity Jane”, “Seussical the Musical”, “The Sound of Music”, ”Beauty and the Beast”, “Thoroughly Modern Millie”, “Bye Bye Birdie” and “Annie”.
INSIDE OUT THEATRE COMPANY
Based at NCC and involving a number of our teachers, this theatre company provides the opportunity for both Primary and Secondary students to be involved in drama productions both at the College and in local Sunshine Coast theatres. Recent performances include “The Big Friendly Giant” (Secondary),“The Worst Kids in the World” (Primary). and Roald Dahl’s “James and the Giant Peach”.