Parents & Friends Association
A Vibrant School Community
At Nambour Christian College, we offer a dynamic learning environment that encourages every student to reach his or her true potential. The Nambour Christian College community supports our students as they learn and grow. Since our inception, this passionate group of individuals, families and local Sunshine Coast organisations has contributed greatly to the richness of school life at NCC.
Parents and Friends Association
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the NCC Parents & Friends can be summarised as:
- to promote the interests of the College and the welfare of the students by various fundraising activities
- to create a close and harmonious relationship between teaching staff and parents of students
- to promote the principles of Christian education
- to represent the viewpoint of parents and friends with respect to the College’s aims and objectives
- to provide a channel of information about educational trends and developments
- to operate under the College’s Constitution and Deed of Trust
All parents of NCC are automatically members of the NCC Parents & Friends Association.
Carnival Under the Stars – is the main College community event of the year and is the responsibility of the P&F Carnival Committee to coordinate. Held in August each year, there is both the opportunity and expectation for every parent to be involved, assisting with the variety of stalls and activities that make the Carnival such a special event.
Family Fun & Open Day – a wonderful family day with lots of activities, entertainment, great food and the opportunity to see the diversity of programs at NCC; held in May each year.
‘Entertainment’ Booklet – includes discounted items for every situation; save money while helping the P&F.
Shop ‘til you Drop – a great day as the shoppers head from the Sunshine Coast to Brisbane for that once a year shopping spree; held in November each year.
Koorong Book Week – we bring the Koorong range to you in the convenience of the College Library; usually held in late October or early November each year.
Sporting Grants – the P&F has supported many of our students financially as they have represented NCC at State, National and International competitions. This is recognition of the substantial costs that families incur when they are supporting a talented student. Click here to view the guidelines for applying for these P&F Sporting Grants.
Dates to remember for 2016
Please note the following dates for major P&F activities:
25th Jul – P&F Meeting 7.00pm
13th Aug – Carnival Under the Stars
10th Oct – P&F Meeting 7.00pm
24th Oct – P&F Christian Book Fair (24th – 28th Oct)
14th Nov – P&F Annual General Meeting 7.00pm
The P&F Executive Committee for 2016 is: Danielle Burns, Bruce Campbell (Head of College), Naomi Campling, Mathew Greenham (Treasurer), Allison Prior, Stephanie Shaw, Karen Smith.
Feel free to contact members of the Executive Committee, as they are your representatives.
The NCC Parents & Friends typically meet once per Term in the College Library, with meetings starting at 7.00pm. There are normally three parts to the meeting:
- Informative reports from each of the Heads of School and Head of College followed by a time for questions.
- Discussion of issues relevant to the P&F including funding requests & upcoming activities.
- Presentation of a topic of interest to parents on an aspect of the College.
What the P&F have Funded
The NCC P&F contributes almost $30,000 per year to improve facilities and support the activities of our students. Examples of projects funded in recent years include:
- Primary School playground equipment & shade sails
- Instruments for Year 4 Instrumental Music Program
- Shade sails over the College amphitheatre
- Sporting grants for students representing at state, national & international competitions
- Breeding stock and truck for the Berakah Farm miniature horse stud
- Contributions to Fiji, Malawi and Thailand student mission trips
- Equipment for secondary school departments and library
- Support of the Creative & Performing Arts (CAPA) College Musicals and Arts Festivals
- Equipment for the Primary School chess program and gifted & talented program
- Books for the Primary School home reader program
- Equipment for Learning Enrichment and the Gross Motors Skills program
- Canoes for the College Outdoor Education program
- Gym equipment for the Health & Fitness Centre